Thursday, April 23, 2015

A new stomach, and a new beginning

For over 22 years I have had a stomach, it has grown very large with 8 pregnancies, 3 c-sections, a weight gain and loss of over 500 pounds total, and loss then weight gain again. It falls almost to my upper thigh, it is not comfortable and causes me a great deal of pain, it is full of lipedema fat which weighs about 12 pounds total. It causes hygiene issues and chronic infections. I am on antibotics often, must have a 40 minute showering routine and using the restroom is atrocious with a pannus such as this. I am so thankful that Blue Cross Blue Shield has over turned their decision and are allowing me reimbursement to remove the pannus, and to have liposuction on the upper abdomen. I will be a whole new woman by the time I am complete with all my surgeries. So on June 4th 2015 I will be having surgery number 6, yea that's right number 6 with at least two more to go, I am an expert at the insurance and liposuction game haha.!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OOOMMMGGG!!!! I am SOOO Excited for you!!! I want to come and watch! I will film it for you! If I knew at all what I was doing or even how to begin I would proceed and try to be there the same time as YOU!!!!!! Dr Byrd probably could not get me in that soon. I am getting so excited!

Unknown said...

I am so excited and nervous too that is even approved after only one appeal :) Ill be there June 2nd surgery is June 4th :0 Ill be there about 10 days after

Post a Comment