Sunday, September 7, 2014

Taking my life back- The first week after lipedema Liposuction

This past 8 days has been a whirlwind, we arrived in Georgia August 27th, we checked into our hotel. I definitely recommend Extended Stay America Alpharetta, Georgia. They definitely make it feel like home there. The next day the kids and my husband went swimming, then in the afternoon I got to have a consult with Dr. Byrd (my wonderfully awesome surgeon) to talk about the surgery and all the pre-op stuff. The very next morning I woke up and at 830 am I went into surgery! This was the day that will change my lipedema story forever, the day that I waited 11 years for, hoping to regain control of what was robbed and taken from me! During this 3 hours water assisted liposuction surgery about 6.5 liters of fat were removed from my buttocks, hips, legs and inner thighs. The world revered Lipedema surgeon from Germany was in the U.S. overseeing surgeons perform surgeries and he officiated in mine he is absolutely remarkable and knowledgeable.








0 comments:

Post a Comment